WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
Logic Controllers manufactured for
Our 2500 Series® PLC system is a compatible replacement for the former Simatic® 505 PLC system, and includes state-of-the-art enhancements in functionality and performance. Products in the family include controllers, power supplies, bases, remote base controllers, analog and digital I/O, ethernet TCP/IP, Modbus, DeviceNet networking modules and specialty I/O modules. CTI 2500 Series® products are installed in the plants of major industrial companies throughout the world.
And with the New Janus CPU and the ACP Modules CTI is moving into industry 4.0 with communications using Ethernet/IP, OPC-UA, MQTT, Modbus TCP and Profinet (Future) covering all the major communications along with still being able to use Camp, Profibus and Modbus Serial (as always being backwards compatible).
CTI has also developed new software called Workbench which can be used to program the Janus and ACP cards. Using more modern programming languages (IEC 61131-3 Languages
Instruction List (IL), Structured Text (ST), Ladder Diagram (LD), Function Block Diagram (FBD) and Sequential Function Chart (SFC)) this will now bring CTI up to date with current programming techniques and communications whilst still keeping the fundamental aspects of what CTI stands for of always being backwards compatible.
The 2500 Series Classic Programmable Controller System is designed for use in a broad range of applications, including those that require discrete and analog control. The system is designed to be a compatible replacement for Texas Instruments and Siemens 505 systems.
- Provides PAC performance with PLC usability
- Extends the life of your 505 Series system with NO rewiring or reprogramming
- Modernizes your system with smart enhancements and new capabilities
- Delivers unmatched reliability and ease of use
- Offers lowest Total Cost of Ownership
2500 Series – Compact
The 2500 Series Compact I/O System is designed for use in a broad range of applications, including those that require discrete and analog control. It is compatible with the 2500 Series System, but offers a much smaller form factor.
- Provides same functionality as the Classic-sized system but in a smaller form factor and at a lower cost
- Remains fully compatible with all other 2500 Series products as well as 505 series components
- Offers multiple remote I/O network options
- Delivers full-featured performance supporting up to 8192 I/O points and 512 PID loops
Series 500 System Support Products
Our Series 500 System Support Products allow the use of CTI 2500 Series products in Texas Instruments Series 500 I/O bases. They provide a transparent path for upgrading old Series 500 systems without the requirement to completely replace the system.
- Convert old Series 500 systems into modern CTI 2500 series systems on your own timeline
- 500 Series Adapters available for both Classic and Compact-sized systems
- Wiring adapter products allow easy conversions of old wiring to new formats
- Lowest cost, lowest risk upgrade path
CTI software solutions include programming software for our new Janus PAC and for our coprocessor modules as well as products that allow you to:
- Connect MMI / HMI and programming devices to the 2500 Series or Simatic 505 system over Ethernet
- Program using APT over a network
- Take advantage of increased memory capacity of CTI processors when using APT
- Windows-based programming software for 2500 Series or Simatic 505 PLCs
- Programming software with all five IEC-61131 supported languages
- Communications software
From More Information
At CTI, we understand the value of training and education to ensure our customers can get the maximum value from our product solutions. We maintain a comprehensive training program capable of conducting hands-on training in both our facility and in the field.
- Improve PLC programming skills, including special function, alarm and loop programming
- Small class sizes
- Hands-on experience with a live training system
- Highly personalized instruction
From More Information
Frequently asked QUESTIONS
Our Systems Integrators told us that Siemens 505 and 500 Series were obsolete and we would need to replace them?
Does CTI product have chip supply issues?
There have been no real effects to supply due to the modules being manufactured in the USA.
How often should a Power Supply be changed?
Power supplies should be changed every 7-10 years for a processor or when a new processor is installed and every 10-15 years for remote base rack.
Can you program CTI 2500 series (Siemens 505) using the IEC 61131-3 Languages
CTI has developed and released the Janus CPU which can be programmed in any of the IEC Languages using the new Workbench Software. The new CPU is still backward compatible with existing IO